Monday, October 12, 2009

Nobel NObama



I was as 'sur-prized' as anyone that big O got the Nobel; I get that the nominations were back in February but the voting was not done until recently. I get the committee wanting to reward effort; reward should follow effort. I'm not on the Nutbar exit to Crazytown, but I'm just not reconciling the whole 'peace' part of the award with ongoing 'wars' (not to mention rendition, Gitmo, state secrets, FISA and the Patriot Act). Wouldn't it have been easier to give him the award after he brings peace to the process, ya know, by actually ending the wars? Obama doesn't do 'easy' you say, so how could that be? Wars cost so much more these days (!) so here's a suggestion for how to end them:
Yes, as Eric Cartman's eloquence might have even presaged the President's own soaring rhetoric, "Screw you guys, I'm going home".
Updating: eh

No comments: