Monday, November 3, 2008

1 more day!

For my penultimate nightmare, I was with 3 random, nameless neo-cons, 2 wearing blue and white-striped button down oxford shirts. Don't know what that meant. There were a few others around the dinner table, but I can't recall if I knew them. I'm just unloading on these guys, getting all the shouting in that I could possibly imagine, how they and their president are responsible for all the ills of this once proud nation. And not just any of their presidents, but Worst. President. Ever. Maybe it wasn't a nightmare, but a pleasant enough dream? I may never see W in jail for all of his high crimes and misdemeanors, and he won't be impeached, either. But it was Halloween a few days ago, so the construct of seeing this arrogant fool unable to reverse the tide against him, having current events AND history be the joint deciders of all his failures, I cannot describe what I hope tomorrow night will be like. Paraphrasing the Duran Duran song, with shout-out to '80s worshipper pdm3, "don't say a prayer for me now, save it til the morning after".

No comments: